2018 Rural Pride Vermont
NCLR Comes to VT for Rural Pride on April 27th!
Rural Pride in Vermont
Friday, April 27th | 9:30 a.m. – 5:15 p.m
Goddard College | Plainfield, VT
This is a free and open event. Register today!
Join the National Center for Lesbian Rights and Green Mountain Crossroads for a day-long convening addressing the challenges and needs of LGBT people in rural America. This free event will bring together local, state and national leaders in the LGBT movement and members of the community to share information and devise strategies to ensure that LGBT equality continues to advance during challenging political times.
Program highlights include:
- Openly gay members of the Vermont legislature join national legal advocates to explore the state of LGBT rights in the state and nationally in 2018
- A focus on the challenges still facing LGBT families in the post-marriage equality world
- Panel discussions on the unique needs of LGBT youth and LGBT seniors
- A plenary on health care access and discrimination
- What it’s like to be an LGBT farmer
- And more!
Attendees will come away with a deeper understanding of the reality of being LGBT in a rural community, the many resources available locally and nationally, and how to become engaged to be an advocate for equality for LGBT people in all the places we live.